Freshwater Library was built in 1939.
It is New England Colonial style building standing in its own grounds. It is a reminder, in the heart of the village, of the communty’s heritage and how much we cherish it.
The Friends of Freshwater Library realise that this attractive building is at the very heart of village life and aim to preserve and protect both the building and the library service.
The ownership of the library has recently passed to Freshwater Parish Council and the staffing of the library service has been reduced to just one library service employee. FOFL fundraise to support the libary and recruit volunteers to enhance this single member of staff, without which the library service would not be viable in its present form.